We reserve the right to cancel or dissolve your appearance at Red Rock should you fail to comply with any of the stipulations listed below, so please read them carefully. Treat us with respect, and we will gladly do the same. We are a non-profit entity with a mostly volunteer staff. Please respect and consider that throughout the booking process
- Please consider getting a poster created for your show to post in downtown! We also post them in the shop and they go a long way to getting word out about your show. If you have a flier/poster that you'd like to send us, email and ask for the correct address.
- Your first move should be to email our booking email right away with your preferred Promo Photo, Band/Artist Bio, and Youtube video/music link. Without these things we can't list you properly on the Calendar, and your event won't get the love it deserves. Please send those right over to email@example.com with the email heading "[ARTISTS NAME] Promotional Materials" before continuing through this advance.
- If you are planning on bringing you own rig, self sustained amplification, or are a music group or artist that wants to forego being amplified with our sound system, please let us know ASAP. We want to avoid any situations where our volunteer sound staff shows up, only to find they aren't needed. We want to respect their time, and if it turns out that their help is not required, they will be grateful for the night off. Please let Nik know if this is the case with a friendly email update.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ON LIVE STREAMING: We sadly cannot allow any live streaming from the venue anymore, and we kindly ask that you not live stream your set. This is thanks to a few bad apples. Doing so in the past has resulted in what is called 'Swatting'. This is where a false bomb threat is called on the venue so an anonymous internet troll can watch the SWAT team storm the building via your stream. It's a bummer, and results in the show shutting down early and everyone being cleared out. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to engage in all other forms of media though!
-Please arrive no later than 7:00 PM. If you're not able to make it by 7pm, please inform us with one weeks heads up and we will be happy to work around your schedule. If you don't arrive by 8pm at the latest, the sound team has been instructed to pack up and leave. They are volunteers and we want to respect their time. If an emergency arises the night of the show, or you're going to be late because of events outside your control, please call Red Rock Coffee (650) 967-4473 and inform the staff so they can relay that to the sound guy.
- Introduce yourself to the staff behind the counter on the first floor and pick up a drink on us (plus some light food), then head on up to the second floor. Your sound person for the evening will be arriving at the same time to help you out and direct you.
-We have an elevator to the second floor, accessible from Villa Street. Look for the second door down from the corner of Castro Street, marked "201 Castro." Your sound person and the staff are happy to help point this out for you.
-You are more than welcome to display and sell any merchandise you may have with you and/or set out signups for mailing lists. Red Rock currently takes no cut of your merch. We suggest you ask the sound guy to claim you a table in the back nook so you can sell merch after your set.
-Most shows are promoted as beginning at 8:00 PM, and are welcome to go until 10:30 PM sharp. That block of time is yours: feel free to play straight through or take an intermission or break in the middle. The cafe closes at 11:00 PM on Friday and Saturday nights.
-We are a small venue, so please work with our sound team to play to the room. We ask that you work with our sound person and the staff if they let you know that things are too loud. We all want to continue to enjoy music for years to come and we want you to sound your best. Drummers, please consider using hot rods, bundles, or brushes.
-We're sorry, but the city won't let us allow open alcohol containers on the premises. With that said, please no drinking. We recommend St. Stephen's Green a few doors down Castro street for a pint or cocktail
-You must let us know what your band arrangement will be prior to show night. The number of vocal mics necessary, any directly connected instruments (bass, acoustic guitars, keys, etc.) and their quantities, and the number of instrument amplifiers you require using (preferably for bass and electric guitars only) will help us prepare for your arrival. A Stage Plot is most helpful.
-Red Rock closes at 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights! Please finish your set by 10:30 sharp! We want you to have time to mingle with your many fans and sell your merch, but please be respectful to our staff and try to load-out by 11:30 at the latest.
-IMPORTANT: We do not pay the artists for their performance. However we allow you to sell merch, and use our tip jar. You keep %100 of the money made from merch and tips. Be sure to mention during your set that you are taking tips and where to find the jar! Our patrons can be very generous. Should you want to arrange for a paid show, talk with Nik about a door split. If we feel that your draw warrants a paid gig, we can set that up with you. We take a very low percentage of all ticket and door sales and would be happy to discuss a deal that leaves everyone happy.
If you have any further concerns you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.